News & Updates
On behalf of all of us here at Crossroads, I am thrilled to present to you our brand new programming model, Crossroads Festival Theatre!
For one month in the fall and one month in the spring, the beautiful New Brunswick Performing Arts Center will be ALL Crossroads! With two mainstage shows running simultaneously, a Free Family Saturday series, and Nightly Community Readings, there are artistic offerings of all kinds for all ages whenever you come. So we can’t wait to see you!
- Experience the joy of international musical sensation Sweet Honey in the Rock® in our world premiere production, When Day Comes;
- Experience a dizzying number of characters given breath by Daniel KOA Beaty in his AUDELCO- and Obie-Award winning contemporary play, Emergency!;
- Dance with your little ones to some of the biggest names in family music for free on Saturdays;
- And come support amazing artistic voices from our community and hear great new work in the Nightly Reading Series.
- And not only that, but when you join us at NBPAC before each show, in our beautiful lobby you will be able to browse our curated Marketplace, shop, read books, hear the music, partake in specialty drinks and light bites from Concessions, and mingle with your fellow patrons.
We encourage you to learn more about each of our theatrical offerings, and come experience as much of our free programming as possible. Immerse yourself in a wonderfully Afrocentric experience with your friends and neighbors and be part of a unique artistic community unlike any other in New Jersey. Crossroads Festival Theatre is for all of us, and we can't wait to gather with you this fall!
Crossroads Theatre Company to Receive $100K Grant from the National Endowment for the Arts as part of the American Rescue Plan
Theatre is a mirror, a sharp reflection of society..
Theatre often portrays the real-life day to day struggles that we often face. Its gives us the opportunity to help solve our issues by using the stage as a vessel to help play out the scenarios that may occur based on the decisions we make.